This Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP®) Exam Preparation Course online training course explores six domains: Workplace Safety; Regulatory; General Health and Safety Knowledge; Accident Investigation and Prevention; Safety Management System Structure; and
Professional Standards. In each domain, you will review a series of competencies and tasks.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP®) Exam Preparation Course, the user will learn:
- The required elements of a written safety policy.
- Health, safety and workplace hazards.
- The steps to conduct an incident investigation.
- The steps needed to implement a workplace safety program.
- The first aid kit required in the workplace per legislation or hazard analysis.
- The basic steps of an enforcement or regulatory visit.
- The elements of the Hierarchy of Controls.
- The various elements of a Safety Management System (ISO, SHARP, VPP, etc.).
- The basic concepts of hazard assessment, job hazard analysis (JHA), or job safety analysis (JSA).
- The hazards associated with hazardous locations on machines and ways to control employee exposure to the hazards.
- The industry standards and regulations related to types of slings and lifting equipment.
- The causes and effects of electrical shock and steps to ensure electrical safety.
- The basic requirements for emergency response plan elements for hazardous substances release.
- The hazards associated with compressed gases.
- The basic concepts, safety, and industrial hygiene requirements and regulations related to welding, cutting, brazing, and electric arc welding.
- The various types of cranes and hoists and the safety requirements for operating or working around this equipment.
- The concepts of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation.
- The health and safety requirements for working with and transporting propane.
- The types of fire protection systems, alarm systems, and fire prevention concepts.
- The safety and regulatory requirements for fall protection, ladder safety, barriers, and use of scaffolds.
- The safety and regulatory requirements for operations of powered industrial trucks and warehouse safety.
- The regulations for drinking and potable water and sanitation in workplace settings.
- The safety and regulatory requirements for operations of mobile elevated platforms.
- The requirements and certification of adult first aid, CPR, and AED for specific industries.
- The requirements for OSHA 300 record-keeping and other employer-related records for occupational health and safety logs.
- The steps to conduct an accident investigation.
- The OSHA recordable and non-recordable statistics.
- Safety improvements that should be implemented for the general workplace inspection.
- The elements of a health and safety management system.
- The emergency action plans (EAP) for areas of jurisdiction and/or responsibility.
- The elements of the IHMM Code of Ethics.
- The consequences for violations of the IHMM Code of Ethics.
- The individual legal, moral, and ethical responsibility to the requirements of the IHMM Code of Ethics.
This online Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP®) Exam Preparation Course is made up of the following sections:
- Introduction to the CSHP Exam Preparation Course
- Domain 1 – Workplace Safety
- Domain 2 – Regulatory
- Domain 3 – General Health and Safety Knowledge
- Domain 4 – Accident Investigation and Prevention
- Domain 5 – Safety Management System Structure
- Domain 6 – Professional Standards
This Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP®) Exam Preparation Course online training course was designed for health and safety employees in a managerial role preparing for the Certified Safety Management Practitioner (CSMP®) exam.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.