A step-by-step explanation of the Federal Hazard Prevention Program. Every federally regulated workplace must implement and maintain a hazard prevention program (HPP) according to the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This Federal Hazard Prevention Program online training course explains the requirements of the HPP in the Regulations section by section in a practical way. Examples, checklists, and tips will help you get the job done. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Federal Hazard Prevention Program course, the user will learn to:
- Develop, implement and manage a hazard prevention program appropriate for your workplace
- Apply the internal responsibility system when implementing a hazard prevention program
- Conduct a gap analysis or audit
- Identify and assess hazards
- Implement preventive measures
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of a hazard prevention program
This online Federal Hazard Prevention Program course is made up of the following sections:
- Internal responsibility system
- Due diligence
- Implementation plan
- Roles within the HPP
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Preventive measures
- Program evaluation and review
- Reports and records
This Federal Hazard Prevention Program online training course was designed for managers and supervisors in federally-regulated businesses and organizations.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes