This Confined Space Entry online training course will discuss what confined spaces are and are not; developing confined space programs, including hazard assessment and control measures, confined space team member responsibilities and safe work practices; confined space entry permits; emergency response teams; and rescues.
Confined spaces are dangerous places to work. Thousands of people are injured or killed each year while working in confined spaces. An estimated 60% of the workers who have died in recent years were trying to rescue co-workers.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Confined Space Entry course, the user will learn to:
- Describe the characteristics of a confined space
- List the types of hazards found in confined spaces
- Summarize the elements of a confined space program
- Identify the ways to control these hazards
- Outline the roles of confined space team members
- Explain the rationale for and content of a confined space entry permit
- Recall the requirements for emergency response teams
- Describe the three types of confined space rescues
This online Confined Space Entry course is made up of the following sections:
- Confined Space Characteristics
- Confined Space Hazards
- Confined Space Programs
- Controlling Confined Space Hazards
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Confined Space Team
- Confined Space Entry Permits
- Emergency Rescue
This Confined Space Entry online training course was designed for the General industry; Construction industry; Agriculture; Shipping.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Accessible, Mobile