This Buy Local for Your Health online training course explores the concept of buying local. Users will learn about several benefits to buying locally grown food. Benefits to buying local for your health include eating more nutritious and fresher food, eating food that is in season and full of flavour, and helping to stop food waste.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Buy Local for Your Health course, the user will learn:
- To explain the idea of buying local.
- To list health benefits to buying locally produced food.
- To identify resources for sourcing local food.
This online Buy Local for Your Health course is made up of the following sections:
- Fresh and Delicious
- Why Buy Locally Produced Food?
- Where Does Our Food Come From?
- Where Can You Buy Local Food?
This Buy Local for Your Health online training course was designed for children, ages 8 to 12, who are learning about buying local.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Video, Accessible, Mobile