This Americans with Disabilities Act for Banks online training course will teach you what you need to know to make sure your bank is ADA compliant. This course will discuss how the ADA impacts hiring and employment and how banks can improve accessible customer service standards and the ADA requirements for ATM construction.
The Americans with Disabilities Act ADA applies to almost all employers and banks. It covers employers with 15 or more employees, labor organizations, employment agencies, and joint labor-management committees. It also applies to state governments. As a result, most banks will find themselves subject to the ADA. Additionally, the ADA includes specific requirements for the construction of ATMs and areas where ATMs are located.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Americans with Disabilities Act for Banks course, the user will learn to:
- Understand how the ADA impacts employer-employee relationships
- Define disability, impairment, and other key ADA terms
- Ensure customer service at your bank is meeting the needs of disabled customers
- Ensure all ATMs are ADA compliant
This online Americans with Disabilities Act for Banks course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Disability
- Providing Accommodation
- The ADA and the Hiring Process
- Accessible Customer Service
- The ADA and ATMs
- Equipment for persons with vision impairment
This Americans with Disabilities Act for Banks online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Mobile, Accessible