This Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Legislation online training course explores consumers’ rights and businesses’ obligations under the Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act (CDPA). The CDPA applies to companies worldwide that do business in Virginia. The legislation requires businesses to be more transparent about how they collect, use, and disclose personal data collected from Virginia consumers.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Legislation course, the user will learn:
- The scope of the Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act (CDPA)
- The rights provided to Virginia consumers by the CDPA
- Compliance requirements for businesses impacted by the CDPA
- Penalties for non-compliance
This online Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Legislation course is made up of the following sections:
- The Scope of the Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act (CDPA)
- Consumer Rights Under the CDPA
- Compliance Requirements for Controllers
- Compliance Requirements for Processors
- Penalties for CDPA Violations
This Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Legislation online training course was designed for employees of companies that do business in Virginia and that collect and sell consumers’ personal information.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Accessible, Audio, Mobile