This Running Effective Meetings online training course explores strategies that will help you plan and conduct effective meetings and get observable results.
Most managers spend from 25%-80% of their time in meetings, many of which they are leading. And, according to some estimates, approximately 50% of this time is unproductive. An effective meeting begins with the preparation that is done ahead of time. Without a plan, your meetings won't be any better than they ever were. Conducting the meeting requires that you be alert and attentive to what is happening, and keep in mind the goal of promoting the combined wisdom and talent of the group. Without results, the time and energy that was expended on the meeting will be essentially wasted. This course will provide you techniques that will encourage participation and lead to a productive meeting.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Running Effective Meetings course, the user will:
- Recognize the importance of setting realistic goals when planning a meeting.
- Explain the difference between an information meeting and a problem-solving meeting.
- Recall what a presenter should know before the meeting.
- List the elements that should be included in a meeting agenda.
- Discuss what a meeting notice should include ensuring the effectiveness of the meeting.
- Define the term "ground rules".
- Describe how to take public minutes.
- Discuss techniques that will encourage participation and lead to a productive meeting.
- Provide examples of disruptive behaviors and how to handle them effectively.
- Describe four types of decisions that are typically reached in a meeting.
This online Running Effective Meetings course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 - Create a Roadmap
- Strategy 2 – Conduct the Meeting
- Strategy 3 – Confirm the Results Section Name
This Running Effective Meetings online training course was designed for managers and anyone who conducts meetings.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Accessible, Audio, Mobile, NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits