This Managing the Performance of Your Unionized Employees online training course will give you an understanding of the dynamics involved in managing the performance of unionized staff, and provide strategies for motivating them to meet your expectations. The course will help you approach an employee performance problem with confidence and authority.
This course will give you an understanding of the dynamics involved in managing the performance of unionized staff, and provide strategies for motivating them to meet your expectations.
The great majority of unionized employees are good workers who turn up for work on time every day, do their jobs competently, and meet or even exceed your expectations. However, there is a small percentage who present problems of one kind or another. Your responsibility as a manager is to identify the cause of the problem and what you can do to address it.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Managing the Performance of Your Unionized Employees course, the user will learn to:
- Identify your management rights and how to establish workplace rules
- Identify the causes of poor performance
- List the components of an effective performance management plan
- Discuss performance management as it relates to probation
- Identify the focus of the three categories of performance management
- Describe the circumstances when an employee can refuse direction from a manager
- Define “culpability” and explain how to establish culpability
- Define “progressive discipline” and discuss how it is applied
- Outline the stages of progressive discipline
- List the guidelines for conducting a fair workplace investigation
This online Managing the Performance of Your Unionized Employees course is made up of the following sections:
- The Employment Relationship
- Management Rights
- Effective Performance Management
- Performance Management
- Workplace Investigations
- The Discipline Meeting
This Managing the Performance of Your Unionized Employees online training course was designed for unionized managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits