This WHMIS 2015: Understanding SDSs online training course will teach you how to understand the information in safety data sheets (SDSs) is required in workplaces where hazardous products are used. Understanding the information in safety data sheets (SDSs) is required in workplaces where hazardous products are used. WHMIS 2015: Understanding SDSs explains the purpose and key information contained in each section of the SDS, with practical examples. This course builds on the content of the WHMIS 2015 for Workers, WHMIS 2015 for Managers and Supervisors, or equivalent introductory WHMIS courses.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online WHMIS course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the purpose of an SDS, and how they are part of Canada's right-to-know system
- Identify the information that is required to be disclosed on an SDS
- Recognize the significance of the required information on a label and in the different sections of an SDS
- Understand the terms commonly found on an SDS
- Know where to get additional information
This online WHMIS course is made up of the following sections:
- An overview of WHMIS 2015
- The four main purposes of an SDS
- Other information found on an SDS
This WHMIS online training course was designed for workers, supervisors, and health and safety committee members.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.