In an office environment, chemicals can come in the form of cleaners, paints, flammable aerosols, gas cylinders, which all have their own unique set of hazards. Workers need to know how to identify and deal with these hazards. This WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) for Office Environments online training course helps workers to identify these products, understand their specific hazards, and store, handle and use them safely. This course explains common chemical hazards found in office buildings and provides workers, supervisors, managers, building operations personnel, and cleaning and custodial staff with the core knowledge required to meet legislated WHMIS 2015 education requirements.
The online WHMIS for Office Environments training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online WHMIS for Office Environments training course, the user will learn:
- Describe the legal responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers
- Know when a product is a hazardous product
- Understand the meaning of each WHMIS hazard pictogram
- Evaluate and use the information on a WHMIS supplier label
- Explain when workplace labels are needed
- Know what information must be on a workplace label
- Understand key information on safety data sheets
- Find information on safe work practices and emergency procedures
- Explain how WHMIS contributes to health and safety in an office environment
- Name examples of hazardous products in a typical office setting
- Describe basic safe work practices for different types of hazardous products.
This online WHMIS for Office Environments training course is made up of the following sections:
- WHMIS 2015 basics
- WHMIS 2015 in the office environment
- WHMIS hazard classes, labels, and safety data sheets
- Emergency preparedness
This online WHMIS for Office Environments training course was designed for employees, supervisors, managers, building personnel, and cleaning or custodial staff in an office environment.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.