Learn about the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 and the duties of managers and supervisors. Topics include: WHMIS classes and their pictograms, supplier and workplace labels, safety data sheets (SDSs), and requirements for education and training. The course includes practical advice for managers and supervisors. This online WHMIS 2015 for Managers and Supervisors training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online WHMIS 2015 for Managers and Supervisors training course, the user will learn:
- Describe your duties and responsibilities as a manager or supervisor under WHMIS 2015 regulations
- Identify the WHMIS classes and pictograms and their meanings
- Recognize the types of information provided on supplier labels and workplace labels
- Understand the information on safety data sheets and be able to find information on hazards and preventive measures
- Understand the importance of controlling hazards to protect employees working with hazardous products
- Find additional information on hazardous products
This online WHMIS 2015 for Managers and Supervisors training course is made up of the following sections:
- WHMIS basics and the duties of the employer
- Duties and responsibilities of a manager or supervisor
- Components of a WHMIS 2015 program
- Hazard communication
- WHMIS classes and their pictograms
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Safe use and handling of hazardous products
- Education and training
- Helpful resources
This online WHMIS 2015 for Managers and Supervisors training course was designed for managers and supervisors in workplaces where hazardous products are used and human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.