In this online WHMIS training course, The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), which is Canada's national hazard communication standard, will be described and applied in the workforce.
WHMIS is implemented through federal, provincial and territorial laws. The purpose of WHMIS is to ensure employers and workers receive consistent and comprehensive health and safety information about the hazardous products they may be exposed to at work. The main elements of WHMIS are product classification, labels, safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education.
The key elements of WHMIS are hazard classification, cautionary labelling of containers, safety data sheets (SDSs) and worker education and training programs. This online training course teaches the learner all components of WHMIS and how to effectively apply it at work.
WHMIS 2015 is aligned with the new worldwide standard, the Global Harmonization System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (or GHS), and this online course also describes this system’s rules and formats for managing hazardous products.
The systems described in this training course are required federally and enforced in each province or territory by jurisdictional labour ministries.
By taking this online WHMIS training course, learners will be able to:
- Define the responsibilities of the suppliers, employers and employees under WHMIS.
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the danger associated.
- List the information required on the supplier and workplace labels and Safety Data Sheets.
- Outline the procedures for dealing with safe use, storage, transfer and spills of hazardous products.
Online Training Course Outline:
This online WHMIS course is made up of the following sections:
- WHMIS Pictograms
- Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safe Use, Storage and Transfer
- Spill and Leak Procedures
The target audience for this online WHMIS training course are workers who work with or could be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.