In this course, we will describe the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System – WHMIS – and how to affectively apply it at your work.
WHMIS 2015 is aligned with the new worldwide standard, the Global Harmonization System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (or GHS), and we will also describe this system’s rules and formats for managing hazardous products.
The systems described in this training are required federally and enforced in each province or territory by jurisdictional labour ministries.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define the responsibilities of the suppliers, employers and employees under WHMIS.
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the danger associated.
- List the information required on the supplier and workplace labels and Safety Data Sheets.
- Outline the procedures for dealing with safe use, storage, transfer and spills of hazardous products.
- WHMIS Pictograms
- Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safe Use, Storage and Transfer
- Spill and Leak Procedures
Workers who work with or could be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Audio, Accessible, Mobile