This Supplier Management online training course explores supplier management. The tools and techniques presented in this course will help you develop the supply strategies you need to optimize your supplier's performance and increase your organization's competitiveness. Module 1 outlines a tool we call "supply positioning," the heart and soul of every supplier management process. Module 2 will help you develop your Market Assessment to become a foundation input into "Supply Positioning Analysis," which itself is a fundamental strategic tool for making purchasing decisions. In module 3 we look at the first steps of how to choose the right suppliers to deal with. Module 4 discusses how to avoid mismatches between buyer and supplier organizations. Module 5 will show how Supply Positioning and Supplier Preference can be used together to create a powerful decision tool that we call The Market Matrix. Module 6 discusses risks inherent in the supply chain. In module 7 we will learn how to develop selection criteria. Module 8 covers the stage of finalizing your supplier decision and detailing what is required to ensure success. Finally, Module 9 outlines three case studies concerning supplier management.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Supplier Management course, the user will learn to:
- Develop the supply strategies you need to optimize your suppliers’ performance and increase your organization's competitiveness
- Determine the product or service you require and assess the value and risk to your business imposed by that product or service
- Discover what types of suppliers are in the market and the capability, capacity, and commitment of available suppliers
- Develop your Market Assessment and understand the type of market within which you are operating so as to make strategic purchasing decisions
- Undertake the process of structured supply chain analysis that will enable you to conduct a Vulnerability Assessment
- Elaborate on your selection criteria to finalize your supplier decision and detail what is required to ensure success
This online Supplier Management course is made up of the following sections:
- Supply Positioning
- Market Assessment
- Supplier Appraisal
- Supplier Preference
- Market Matrix
- Vulnerability Management
- Supplier Selection
- Contract Award
- Case Studies
This Supplier Management online training course was designed for managerial employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.