This Renewable Energy: Solar and Wind online training course explores the idea of renewable energy, and how solar and wind energy generation can help reduce dependence on fossil fuels. This course provides children with a basic understanding of what fossil fuels are, issues with their long-term use, and why solar and wind energy generation can help reduce our dependence on them.
On completion of this Renewable Energy: Solar and Wind course, the user will learn:
- Describe what fossil fuels are and the issues associated with their use.
- Outline why the world needs to move towards alternative sources of energy.
- Explain how solar and wind energy are being used for generating electricity.
This Online Renewable Energy: Solar and Wind course is made up of the following sections:
- Video: Fossil fuel intro
- Three main types of fossil fuels
- Video: Fossil fuels are non-renewable and contribute to climate change
- Video: Renewable energy, solar energy
- Solar panels
- Video: Wind energy
- Wind Turbines and Wind Farms
- Video: Summary
This Renewable Energy: Solar and Wind online training course was designed for children, ages 10-14.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.