This Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act - Overview online training course explores The Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), enacted through Regulation B, prohibits discrimination in credit transactions. The law is designed to protect applicants from unfair or discriminatory lending practices. There is a wide variety of rules housed within Regulation B that, in some form or fashion, are there to provide transparency, equal access, and protections to the borrowers. This course will provide you with an overview of the prohibited bases under the ECOA, types of lending discrimination, application information and evaluation, adverse action, and appraisal notifications.
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act - Overview course, the user will learn:
- List the prohibited factors under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Determine if your bank’s policies and procedures are unfair and may lead to disciplinary action by the regulators
- Know what information you may obtain from an applicant and how you can use that information when evaluating a credit application
- Provide proper notice to an applicant when taking adverse action
- Comply with the appraisal notice and copy requirements of Regulation B
This online Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act - Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Fair Lending Discrimination
- Adverse Action
This Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act - Overview training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.