Of all injuries that occur in the manufacturing and construction sectors, the most serious are those where people come into contact with production machines or other pieces of equipment that were inadvertently activated because lockout/ tagout (LOTO) procedures did not exist or were not used. Workers injured in LOTO-related incidents each lose an average of 24 days of work.
To look on the positive side, OSHA estimates that proper lockout/ tagout procedures prevent about 50,000 injuries and 120 deaths per year. How do you get on the plus side of this equation?
- Develop, implement and enforce an Energy Control Program.
- Use appropriate LOTO devices and procedures, specific to each machine or piece of equipment.
- Ensure that all workers are trained on the basics of LOTO, as well as the specifics of LOTO in your workplace.
- Ensure that workers follow the LOTO procedures each time a machine or piece of equipment is serviced.
Violations related to LOTO are on OSHA’s Top 10 list of compliance violations. If OSHA inspected your workplace tomorrow, would you be able to demonstrate that your workers know about LOTO and what they need to do in your workplace? Could you prove that they have received training? We can help!
When your workers have taken Vubiz’ “Lockout/ Tagout” course, they will be able to:
- Identify the various sources of energy in machines and devices.
- Explain the term lockout/ tagout as a safety system and understand the importance of its use.
- Understand the basic steps of lockout/ tagout.
- Know many of the pitfalls and special procedures involved in lockout/ tagout.
- Understand the importance of following established company policies and procedures regarding lockout/ tagout.
- Know how the company can assist their workers in using lockout/ tagout procedures effectively.
When you purchase access to this and other Vubiz courses, your workers’ learning is automatically recorded in a Learning Management System (LMS), so you can see who has successfully completed the training and when. Your training records are generated automatically! Courses are also available to be put on your LMS if you have one.
Did you know that OSHA’s Safe and Sound Week is August 12-18, 2019? OSHA sets this week aside every year for companies to celebrate their safety and health successes. Providing safety training is a great way for your company to participate, and we can help. If you purchase Lockout/ Tagout for your workers by August 18, we’ll give you 20% off the regular price if you use the coupon code Safe+Sound2019.
Contact Vubiz firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.