This MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: Prevention online training course explores the risks of MSDs in your workplace and develop an effective prevention program. The importance of ergonomic assessment procedures, training and education, and employee and management participation are stressed. Case studies, examples, and quizzes enrich the learning. Work-related MusculoSkeletal Disorders (MSDs) are frequent and costly injuries in many workplaces.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: Prevention course, the user will:
- Know the causes of work-related musculoskeletal disorders.
- Understand the basic elements of workplace ergonomics.
- Identify ergonomic hazards in order to prevent injuries.
- Develop an ergonomics program for your workplace.
- Develop training and education tools.
- Involve managers and employees in the program.
This online MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: Prevention course is made up of the following sections:
- Ask a Question
- What are work related MSDs?
- Hazard Assessment
- Case Studies
- Prevention Program
This MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: Prevention online training course was designed for employers, managers, and supervisors who are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of workers. It is also useful for members of health and safety committees, and for employees who are participating in MSD-prevention activities.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.