This Mental Health: Awareness online training course is an introduction to the issues associated with mental health in the workplace. As an awareness course, it is helpful to all workplace parties (employers, managers, supervisors, and employees) and will help you gain a better understanding of why mental health at work is so important. This course is an introduction to mental illness, mental well-being, and the factors that put people at risk. You will also learn about the value of early intervention and the promotion of mental well-being at work.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) in collaboration with the High Point Wellness Centre.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Mental Health: Awareness training course, the user will learn:
- Describe the impact of mental illness in the workplace
- Explain the difference between mental illness and stress
- List common risk factors of mental illness
- Recognize signs of mental illness at work and the importance of early intervention
- Describe ways to promote mental well-being in the workplace
- Access other sources of information about mental health in the workplace.
This online Mental Health: Awareness training course is designed for employers, managers, supervisors, and front-line workers interested in learning about mental health at work.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.