Lockout saves lives. In this Lockout online training course, you will learn how lockout is used to control hazardous energies in the workplace. This course explains the various types of hazardous energies, such as electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic. It outlines procedures to ensure that workers will be safe when cleaning, repairing, maintaining, and installing powered equipment. Topics include the types of lockout and the basics of a lockout program. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Lockout course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize hazardous energy sources and the potential for workplace injuries
- Understand what Lockout is and how it controls hazardous energy
- Know when Lockout should be used and how it should be done
- Recognize that workplace programs and training are needed in workplaces
This online Lockout course is made up of the following sections:
- What is Hazardous Energy?
- Hazardous Energy Sources in the Workplace
- What is Lockout?
- Importance and Purpose of Lockout
- When to Lock Out
- How to Implement Lockout
- Elements of Hazardous Energy Control
- Training Requirements
This Lockout online training course was designed for managers, supervisors, and workers who may encounter or have to control hazardous energy sources in the workplace.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.