This four-part Lifecycle of a Leave of Absence online training course series will explore different leaves of absence in California compliance; Pregnancy, Medical, Family, Military, and other leaves. Using a 'cast of characters,' you will encounter the twists and turns all parties deal with as they navigate through various absences from work. In these courses, we will run through the 'lifecycle' of a leave request.
From the first moments, HR should be thinking in terms of protected leave to the steps HR takes to ensure there is no retaliation after the employee is reinstated to their former position.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Lifecycle of a Leave of Absence course, the user will learn to:
- When should HR understand the employee to be requesting leave?
- What forms should HR provide to the employee and when?
- What can HR do to fill the employee’s position while they are out?
- What if the employee doesn’t pay his/her portion of health insurance premiums while on leave
- What if the employee cannot return from leave?
- What role does the ADA play in the leave and does it matter which kind of leave the employee is on (i.e. medical versus family)?
- What if the employee’s supervisor prefers to keep the temp (who filled in while the employee was out)?
This online Lifecycle of a Leave of Absence course is made up of the following sections:
- Life Cycle of a Leave of Absence: Pregnancy [California]
- Life Cycle of a Leave of Absence: Medical [California]
- Life Cycle of a Leave of Absence: Family [California]
- Life Cycle of a Leave of Absence: Military and Other Leaves [California]
This Lifecycle of a Leave of Absence online training course was designed for Human Resources.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.