IT Security is a serious concern for every business. As the value of customer and internal data increases, so do the number of threats in existence. This module describes the fundamentals of information technology security and what your organization has to do to stay protected in this day and age.
This course includes an examination.
- Understand the value of data
- Identify the types of threats to data security that exist
- Define key concepts and terms regarding information technology
- Understand the role physical security plays in protecting information
o Understanding the problem
o Information security concepts
o Creating an information security program
- Network and Security Basics
o Key terminology
o The castle concept
Threats outside the castle and how you can reduce vulnerability to them