Accurately identifying, assessing, and controlling hazards is an essential part of a properly functioning occupational health and safety program. This Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment online training course will help employers, managers and workers improve their health and safety performance by learning effective and proven methods of hazard identification, assessment, and control. The three modules of the course cover essential topics such as hazard mapping, workplace inspections, risk assessment, and the hierarchy of controls.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment course, the user will learn to:
- Develop a comprehensive approach to hazard identification appropriate for your workplace
- Assess the hazards in your workplace, and determine which ones should be eliminated or controlled first
- Identify the types of hazard controls that are commonly used in various situations
- Implement a hazard control program
- Assess the effectiveness of the control measures that you have implemented
This online Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining hazard identification and risk assessment and why they are important
- Hazard identification methods (including hazard mapping, job hazard analysis, checklists, and workplace inspections)
- Two comprehensive risk assessment methods (Basic Qualitative method and Semi-Qualitative)
- Selection and implementation of appropriate controls
- Hierarchy of controls
This Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.