This Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [US] online training course explores how to prevent harassment and illegal discrimination by delving into federal laws that govern this issue and how to handle complaints of harassment and illegal discrimination, should they arise. This course specifically addresses the role and responsibilities of supervisory employees and employers in preventing and addressing harassment and illegal discrimination. You will also find a brief discussion in this course on certain state laws where the compliance requirements for harassment prevention training are more stringent. If you belong to one of these states, you will be required to familiarize yourself with your state's laws as well as federal laws.
States like California, New York, and Connecticut have specific training mandates. This federal version applies to all supervisors in the United States, excluding those three states (they have their own version, which we also offer).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [US] course, the user will learn:
- Why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- How to recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate, and/or unlawful
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- The rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- What to do if they experience, receive a complaint of, or observe inappropriate and/or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- The remedies available to victims
- How to identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees and employers
This online Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [US] course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- Who is Responsible for Preventing Harassment?
- Handling Complaints
- Examples and Case Studies
This Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [US] online training course was designed for all supervisory employees and employers in the US.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.