The ESTS e-Learning course was developed by Terry Becker, P.Eng. the Owner of ESPS Electrical Safety Program Solutions INC.. Terry is the first Past Vice-Chair of the CSA Z462 Workplace electrical safety Standard Technical Committee, currently an Executive Committee Member, Voting Member and Working Group Leader for the Annexes. Terry is also a voting member on the IEEE P1584 Standard as well as a member of the NFPA 70E Technical Committee Annexes Task Group.
This web based course focuses on Workplace Electrical Safety and the effective
management of the electrical hazards of arc flash and shock. It applies content from CSA Z462 Workplace electrical safety Standard to allow you to identify and manage arc flash and shock hazards. It provides guidance on applying a Plan, Do, Check and Act philosophy when you have to work with energized electrical equipment. Occupational Health & Safety Regulatory requirements
are also reviewed. A 3D Virtual Electrical Workplace (VEW) classroom allows for scenario based training and reviews concepts in CSA Z462 as well as establishing the proper administrative controls, boundaries of approach and arc flash and shock PPE, tools & equipment.
The Electrical Safety Training System (ESTS) has ten (10) Modules and each Module has a varying number of independent lessons:
2. OH&S Regulations, Standards and Best Practices
3. Understanding Electricity in the Workplace
4. Electrical Hazards Understanding the Risk
5. Electrical Hazard Analysis
6. Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
7. Engineering and Administrative Controls
8. Electrical Specific PPE, Tools & Equipment
9. Emergency Response, Incident Reporting and Program Maintenance
10. Final Assessment
Over 60 Minutes