This Wage and hour laws online training course is designed for all employers and includes the statutes, regulations, and wage orders that govern the wages, hours worked, and working conditions of employees. Employers in California generally follow state law, as California law tends to be more stringent than federal law.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Wage and hour laws course, the user will learn to:
- List the sources of federal and California employment law.
- Recall the areas in which federal and state law differ.
- Identify the requirements necessary to classify an employee as exempt.
- Review the most common exemption categories under federal and California law.
- Recall the minimum wage requirements for different categories of employees.
- Review the categories of time that should be counted as hours worked.
- Identify the general requirements around meal breaks and rest periods.
- Review the requirements around overtime pay.
- Recall the child labor provisions under California law.
- Outline the basic requirements around wage statements and payments.
- Recall the penalties for wage and hour violations.
- List the basic records that employers must maintain.
- Review the different employment relationships.
This online Wage and hour laws course is made up of the following sections:
- Employment classification and exemptions
- Minimum wage
- Hours worked
- Child labor
- Uniforms and equipment
- Payment of wages
- Record retention
- Special situations
This Wage and hour laws online training course was designed for employers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.