This Electrical Hazards online training course explores the electrical hazards and the benefits of preventative maintenance in identifying faulty or hazardous equipment and tools.
An electrical hazard is one in which the possibility of being injured due to contact with an electrical source is high. Hazards such as unstable scaffolds and unprotected floor openings are easily recognized. However, most people do not recognize electrical hazards and therefore they do not appreciate the dangers associated with these hazards. This lack of knowledge contributes to the high accident rate. Find out how to recognize electrical hazards and how to protect yourself from the risk of electrocution in the workplace. OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S - Electrical Safety.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this Electrical Hazards course, the user will:
- Recognize electrically activated equipment and associated hazards.
- Describe how fuses, circuit breakers, and ground fault circuit interrupters work to avoid/reduce the risk of hazardous conditions.
- Explain the benefits of preventative maintenance in identifying faulty or hazardous equipment and tools.
- Identify and understand the hazards associated with power distribution lines
This oline Electrical Hazards course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding Electricity and Electrical Hazards
- Recognition of Hazardous Situations and Preventative Maintenance
This Electrical Hazards online training course was designed for workers who may come in contact with electrical hazards in the workplace but who are not formally qualified to work with electrical equipment.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Audio, Accessible, Mobile