Copyright law affects the workplace activities of many employees on a daily basis. Copyright protection extends to newspaper and magazine articles, instructional videos, websites, computer programs, and even elevator music.
The purpose of this Copyright Law Basics [US] online training course is to give you a general understanding of copyright law in the US — what qualifies for copyright protection, what you can do to help protect your company's copyrighted assets, and what you can do to avoid making unauthorized use of the copyrighted materials of others.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Copyright Law Basics [US] course, the user will learn to:
- Explain what copyright is and what qualifies for copyright protection
- Recall how to protect your company’s copyrighted assets
- Outline the authorized and unauthorized uses of the copyrighted materials of others
- Give examples of activities that constitute copyright infringement
- Summarize the penalties for copyright infringement
This online Copyright Law Basics [US] course is made up of the following sections:
- About Copyright
- Copyright Ownership
- Protecting Copyrighted Assets
- Copyright Infringement and Penalties
This Copyright Law Basics [US] online training course was designed for all managers, supervisors, and employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Audio, Accessible, Mobile