This California Consumer Privacy Legislation online training course explores consumers’ rights and businesses’ obligations under California privacy legislation: the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018, and the Consumer Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) of 2020. The CCPA and CPRA apply to companies worldwide that do business in California. The legislation requires businesses to be more transparent about how they collect, use, and disclose personal information collected from California residents.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online California Consumer Privacy Legislation course, the user will learn:
- The stages in the evolution of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
- The scope of the CCPA and CPRA
- The rights provided to California consumers by the CCPA and CPRA
- The implications for businesses
- Compliance requirements for businesses impacted by the CCPA and CPRA
- Sanctions and penalties for non-compliance
This online California Consumer Privacy Legislation course is made up of the following sections:
- An Overview of the Acts
- Consumer Rights Under the Acts
- Implications for Businesses
- Sanctions and Penalties
This California Consumer Privacy Legislation online training course was designed for employees of companies that do business in California and collect, sell or share consumers’ personal information.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Accessible, Audio, Mobile