This Accessible Digital Content online training course explores how to increase the inclusiveness of digital documents, spreadsheets, presentations, email, and online content. You’ll become familiar with various disabilities and the adaptive strategies many people use. With real-life scenarios and interactive activities, you’ll have the opportunity to recognize accessibility barriers and exercise new skills. An array of writing and design practices will be examined, and we will provide easy-to-follow strategies and helpful resources to ensure that your shared content, in whatever format, is accessible to everyone.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Accessible Digital Content course, the user will learn:
- Possible barriers and the importance of creating accessible digital content
- The different assistive technologies used by people with disabilities
- How to evaluate digital content for accessibility
- How to write using plain and inclusive language
- How to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations using accessible structure, format, and media
- How to use the tools aimed to improve accessibility
- How to ensure all digital communication, including emails and web-based content, allows for positive interaction and appreciation by everyone
This online Accessible Digital Content course is made up of the following sections:
- Why Accessibility?
- Digital Communication
- Visual Elements
This Accessible Digital Content online training course was designed for employees responsible for internal and/or external communication materials.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Accessible, Audio, Mobile